Welcome to the data management blog for the University of East London.
UEL adopted a policy on managing research data in March 2012. Yesterday we received the letter confirming a grant for our TraD project from the JISC. TraD stands for “Training for Data management”, and is an eleven-month project to May 2013 that will embed data management training at UEL in three areas:
- Training postgraduate students in Computer Science and Psychology as part of their courses
- Running workshops as part of the Researcher Development Programme organised by the Graduate School
- Developing and testing an online learning module for research support and subject librarians involved in supporting data management at UEL
We will be releasing learning materials under CC-BY licences and sharing our experiences with UEL and others involved in data management. TraD is a collaboration between four teams at UEL and two external partners
- Library and Learning Services (project lead)
- School of Architecture, Computing and Engineering
- School of Psychology
- Graduate School
- Digital Curation Centre
- Library and Information Research Group
More details will follow as we get TraD underway.